What to Bring/Not to Bring
WHAT TO BRING? THIS APPLIES TO ALL YOUTH, CHAPERONES, GREEN SHIRTS, VOLUNTEERS and ORGANIZERS
1. You must bring your own bed and bath linens. A bath mat or bath shoes are recommended.
2. Clothing that falls within the dress code guidelines (see below).
3. Medications and any special personal items you need for yourself.
4. A kneeling pad (available in the garden section of Wal-Mart or other stores) for the holy hours and
Masses. Please label the pad with your name before you come.
- A sweater or jacket
- An umbrella or poncho
- Athletic shoes (for activities in the gym)
- Sharpee markers for signing shirts at end of conference
- Small amounts of money to purchase literature or AWC items that may be for sale.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
Do not bring food — all meals, as well as some snacks, will be provided. There are snack and drink machines in the conference areas. No food is allowed in dorm rooms. (Exemption for approved medical reasons.)
Do not bring any valuable items such as expensive jewelry or cameras, large amounts of cash, etc. Do not bring cell phones, CD players, iPods, or any electronic devices. (In case of an emergency, a chaperone cell phone may be used.) We cannot guarantee the safety of such items. Dorm rooms will not be locked. An alarm clock may be brought but should not be used to play music.
Conference activities vary from prayer and adoration to workshops and recreational activities. The dress code assures appropriate attire for all activities:
•Conference T-shirts (provided at the conference) must be worn by all on Friday, Saturday and Sunday until
the end of the conference (and by chaperones, organizers & volunteers during the entire conference
•Capris, pants, shorts or skirts must come at least to the knees (strictly enforced)
•no low-riding pants
•Participants’ own shirts will be worn on Thursday. All shirts must have: sleeves and a t-shirt neckline with no
•no inappropriate messages or images on clothing
•no transparent or see-through clothing
•no frayed or cut clothing
•no spandex, including yoga pants, running pants and leggings
For Sunday Mass, wear long pants or slacks or (for girls & women) a skirt at least to the knee.
WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION?
You can also call us at 1-800-764-8444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.